Monday, May 17, 2010

Reflections on the first five months in SST-Naveena

What are the three main points (or more) that you had learnt from all the activities?
  1. Teamwork is very important
  2. If we work together, we can achieve more than if we were to work alone
  3. To participate is very important
How can these pointers be of help to you?

  • These pointers have taught me the importance of teamwork and made me realise how important it is for everyone in a team to participate.

If you had another chance to try all the activities, which one will you choose? Why?
  • I would choose Rock Climbing as you have to trust that your friend will catch/help to support you if you slip and fall. Thisactivity helps build trust between you and your friends.
If there was one thing you would like to change about yourself, what would that be?
  • I would like to not be so shy and participate more.

Amazing Race Personal Reflection^-^


  • What do you understand about the school value "Expanding Our Learning Networks"?
To me, it means to learn outside of the classroom.
  • Why is this value important and how will it help you in your learning experience in SST?
It is important to expand our learning networks as this will allow us to gain more knowledge and pick up important life skills.


Reflection on The Bridge Building Activity^-^

It was not very difficult to work with my group as we had already "broken the ice" during the ice breaking activities.

I managed to overcome my "shyness" when I realized that everyone in the group must also be feeling the same way as all of us were new to the school.

I contributed to the group by providing suggestions and ideas on how we can improve the design of the bridge.

It is important that we participate so that we can improve our social skills and contribute to our group.

I learnt that listening to others in a group when they are talking is very important and I can a can apply this in class whenever I am working in a group.


Naveena Menon^-^
The first month-At first, it was hard to get used to the new environment but all the teachers and the students were very pupils were very friendly. We went for a team building camp and we had a lot of fun. Our class didn't really bond at first during the camp, but we started bonding later on and now we are all pretty close.
The next 2-3 months-Our class grew closer over the months as we played more team building games, did more group work and discussed with each other about our homework. It was really fun. Then the exams drew near and we all had to focus and start to work harder. When I got my results back, I wasn't very happy cause I didn't do very well but I have decided to work even harder and do better the next time.
My over all experience so far was a really good one.
=)
Naveena(4)

No comments:

Post a Comment